Summer fun with a watermelon tray
Add some colour and fun to your entertaining with this watermelon tray. All you need is a piece of pine, some craft paint, and a couple of handles and screws.
YOU WILL NEED:
Circular piece of pine (approx. 50cm diameter) and sanded smooth
Acrylic craft paint, pink, lime green and black
Acrylic sealer, clear, or ModPodge
Handles and screws
1. Paint the board using pink craft paint. You may need to apply 2 coats for good coverage. Let this dry.
2. Apply lime green paint around the edge of the board in the same way.
3. Angle the paintbrush to apply the black 'seed' effect in the centre of the board.
4. To waterproof the painted tray, apply 2 to 3 coats of clear acrylic sealer, or polyurethane spray.
5. Finally, secure the handles onto the tray, making sure they are aligned on both sides.