Trinket Plates with Marble Effect
Turn ordinary white plates into beautiful marbled trinket dishes using coloured craft paint.
YOU WILL NEED:
Small plates or bowls
Paint tray, covered with cling wrap
Acrylic paint, preferably sheen, in assorted colours
Rust-Oleum Metallic Leafing Pen, gold
1. Cover the back of the plates or bowls with masking tape and trim the edges. Overlap and press down the edges of the tape.
2. Pour a small amount of lukewarm water into the paint tray - deep enough to cover the plate or bowl. The lukewarm water helps the paint to spread out.
3. Pour small quantities of colours and gently mix with a skewer to create a swirl pattern in the paint.
GOOD TO KNOW: For best effect you shouldn't be able to see through the paint.
4. Pop on your gloves to start dipping the plates in the paint, keeping your fingers away from the edge.
GOOD TO KNOW: Have some paper plates on hand to experiment with before you do the actual project.
5. After dipping, use a paper towel to gently dab away any excess drops to prevent bubbles.
6. Once dry, use a Rust-Oleum gold leafing pen around the edge for a gilded effect.